Thursday, July 28, 2005

RaeElise-isms


Heartbeep- "Momma, can I try to listen to your heartbeep with my doctor set?"

Swimsoup or Swimmingsoup- "Momma, can you please help me put on my swimsoup?"

Sun'scream'- "I need more sunscream so I don't get burned!"

Valentime's Day- "I like to make pretty cards for Valentime's Day."

A little story about initials: We were driving home from Ikea when I noticed a license plate that had RRP on it. I brought it to the kid's attention, saying that 3 of them had these initials, everyone accept for Reuben and RaeElise. Reuben spoke up at that point, saying "Yeah, I am RAP", and Jodie, Blake's mom, said, "I am JAP"...from the back seat, a sweet little voice emerged from RaeElise, "Well, I am CRAP!" Needless to say, her rhyming abilities are second to none.

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

I laughed so hard when you told me about this. I love how the kids repeat the words they think they know. Julia and Natanya have 'hicca-ma-mups' and 'frizza bees' themsevles.

What's even funnier, is I'm sure I've used words confidently and they came out sounding like heartbeeps - but no one around knew better :-)

elisa said...

Oh sweet ReaElise.
My kids keep asking what i'm laughing so hard about. Right before I read ReaElose's precious comment, I finished reading Karen's Hillbilly joke.

Karen said...

Oh. Goodness. Don't tell anyone that Hillbilly joke! Yipes.