Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sonja's Journey Begins


My Name is Sonja Pearle Gaylard. I have been using drugs and alcohol since I was 13 years old. I will be 24 on August 5, 2005. I have come to accept that I am a drug addict and yes, I do need help. I can not do this all on my own. I do need help from others and so I am trying to find sponsors to help me on my journey to sobriety.

I am going to be attending an all Christian Women's Facility in Seattle. I am going to learn how to be responsible, accountable and drug free. I desire to become a mother, a teacher and a musician. I used to play the flute. I hope to someday play it again in a worship band. I know that if I continue to use [drugs], all these dreams will not be possible.

Please consider sponsoring me. But if you can't afford to help pay for me to go to this program, please at least pray for me...

Thank you with all sincerity,
Sonja Pearle Gaylard

www.tcseattle.org
www.lifeormeth.org

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Sonja, as of August 8th, has successfully entered into the Teen Challenge Seattle Metro Women's Clinic. Thank you for your interest and support! She made her goals financially and she will be on the road to making her goals with conquering her addictions.

Pray for her...if you would.

Julie

Chickadeeva said...

Please provide updates as you can. We are all prayerful for Sonja and confident God will restore her!