Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Happy Birthday, Elisa!


I have a sweet friend
She moved far away
I think of her a lot
Almost everyday

She taught me to spit
And to try biking down hills
She gave me inspiration
She encouraged my will

She lived west of the mountains
Then she moved East
My heart cried fountains
But it soon found peace

I see her once a year
If the winds blow our way
She changes and grows
I want her to stay

To stay always my friend
As the years roll by
We are kindered spirits, we are
Today I wish I could fly

To fly to her home
And to give her my love
For today it's her birthday
I wish her peace from above!

Love you, girlfriend! Have a blessed day!

7 comments:

Karen said...

THAT is one precious tribute!

And what a fantastic picture of her!

Happy Birthday, Lis...

Bickler3 said...

AWW Happy Birthday Lis!!! WE love you !!

Kristina said...

Loved that poem. : )
Happy Birthday Lis! I hope to see you this July.

-Kristina

elisa said...

Oh, Julie you made me tear up.
Thank you, with all my heart.

Chickadeeva said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sweet Lady!

Kristina said...

BTW Lis,
I didn't mention how great that you look!

elisa said...

Thank you all for your kind words.
:)