Sunday, October 16, 2005

Media Bias On the Iraq Constitution Vote

I sent this out to three of my favorite talk show hosts: Michael Medved, Bill O'Reilly and Rush. I just could not believe what I heard!! I know the main stream media is pretty biased, but I don't always see it so clearly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am so glad new technology allows me to pause and rewind my television. I was watching the 11 o'clock news Sunday night on an NBC station and I had to stop it, rewind it, and write it down, because I could not believe how they chose to report the historical constitutional vote in Iraq. This is the transcript of what was reported:

"It appears Sunni Arabs fell short in their effort to de-rail Iraq's landmark constitution vote. There's no final nationwide tally yet. But preliminary counts from local officials show opponents failing to secure the necessary 2/3rds no-vote in any three of the country's 18 provinces."

What a negative take on such an extraordinary vote! It sounds like we are disappointed that this move towards freedom and democracy has occurred. Is the left so entrenched in Bush hatred that they are completely blind to what is good for our nation and our world? Shouldn't they be reporting that a historical step towards democracy occurred in Iraq, despite fears that the Sunni Arabs would block the ratification of the constitution? What is scarier to me than the spin is that so many will just absorb it as another negative occurrence in the "conflict" known as Iraq.

Julie Paine

Marysville, WA

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

way to get political Julie :-)

Bickler3 said...

Julie I am behind you. But then we are not without personal experince of the news media bias's. You did get the e-mail I sent out ranting about political correctness?!?!?!?

J

Jenny V said...

Makes you wonder about the bird flu pandemic coming hu? Could there be a bit MORE depressing exaggerated negativity out there?