Thursday, October 06, 2005

My Boys

I was just sitting here, thinking about my sweet boys. Here they are, 4th of July candy hunt, close buddies, cute as can be! It is amazing to me that even though they are about 4 years apart in age, they can be so compatible, such good friends. Today, Reuben had a soccer practice, and Riley, even though he usually prefers to hang with me if I am going to leave the soccer field to run errands, decided that he wanted to stay and hang with Reuben. Well, Riley came running breathlessly over to me after practice, "Mom, mom, I got to play! I got to play assistant goalie with Reuben! The coach said if I come on practice days, I can be in that position for them each week! I even knocked some of the bigger kids balls out of the goal box!"

So sweet! And I must admit, that Reuben is such a good sport for letting Riley into his world so often. I think homeschooling has done wonders for their relationship. Riley is not only his brother, but a classmate and a peer. It is a gift to a mother's heart to see the love they share. Don't get me completely wrong, they do have their moments of conflict, but I am glad to say they are quite rare. I am excited to see how Reese is going to blend into the mix when he gets a bit older and more capable of keeping up. A cord of three is not easily broken. Anyway, I just thought I would post a bit of goop about my boys. They are simply the best!

2 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

While you are gushing over your boys, I'm adoring having your GIRLS here! Rae and Rebecca are such a blessing and Nattie and Julia are having a BLAST!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Oh, so nice! Thanks for loving on them, Elicia.

Jules