Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Man of my dreams! (A PWO celebrity profile)


Let me introduce you to the man of my dreams...Blake Allen Paine came into my life over 13 years ago and he has given me so much in such a short time. He is my biggest cheerleader, my ardent defender, my gentle critic. He keeps my feet on the ground while encouraging me to reach for the stars. He loves me so completely. In his love I can escape the demands and pressures common to every woman. I don't have to fret over whether I am the right size and shape, whether I have the right homemaking skills and the right image to present, he loves me for me. In this love, he releases me to be confident, industrious, grateful and free from all worry. He lifts me up with this love. He sees all my faults, never reminds me of my past failures, and believes the best for me, expecting to see only my good side shining forth. But when I fail, he never seems shocked or put off, he never makes mountains out of mole hills, he gently holds me as I cry and picks me up with his smile and his belief in who I am. In a word, he makes me strong. If I could, I would FedEx God a dozen long stems and a box of Godiva's for sending me this man. Our life is so full, so beautiful, so rich. I wish all women could find a man as amazing as my B. Allen. Though far from perfect, I believe he loves me perfectly. I believe that he can see the Julie that is just beyond her selfishness, her sin and her other stuff...And I can see him in the same way. I think we live in a perpetual state of Grace. When we are at our best, we truly walk in this Grace. When we are weak, it is harder, we tend to feel life's wounds more distinctly and we may lash out at the very one we cherish. Grace is tenacious...At least to us, it always returns, always shows us how to serve up a generous portion to our mate. And Blake is the five star chef of Grace souffle'. Thank you, honey. You do make me strong.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Whew!

We're fanning ourselves here!

Go Julie!

Chickadeeva said...

I am so glad to see this. I remember all those years ago when I spoke to you from work, "There is a guy here who is selling water filters" and I asked you if you needed me to 'make him leave you alone' but you were having such a great convo. It took me a while to warm up to Blake because not just anyone was good enough for my girl - and we'd only known him such a short time...

but, he's shown himself worthy - and we are so grateful - and admirative of the man he's become - and the woman he's enabled you to become!!