Friday, September 02, 2005

Letterboxing 101


A fellow AmblesideOnline Mom sent me a link that, I believe, is going to change my family's life. www.letterboxing.org This is a fun and inexpensive hobby that you can do on your own or with your whole family. You start with creating your own stamp. Draw it out, buy the needed materials (see website) and get to creating. Today the kids, Blake and I made unique stamps. It was a lot easier than I thought. Then you buy a waterproof box, some baggies, and get ready for a grand adventure. You hide the box, leave clues for other's to find it, they stamp a book you leave inside your box, and then use your stamp to stamp their book! So much fun! If you don't want to place a box, just have fun making a stamp and hunting other boxes down. As I write this, Blake and the three oldest are out hunting a box...Our first letterbox hunt. We are so excited!

5 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

BUMMER! I thought that we were going to do it together?

Well, I have my materials and Sundee, Tawni and I will be adding to the list of boxes. Maybe one day you'll go searching for ours.

elisa said...

I am not sure I get this.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Don't be bummed, Chickadeeva! We can go hunting together anytime! Did you buy your tools and stuff to make your stamps yet?

Chickadeeva said...

I found some awesome ingredients for a book set. Sundee, Tawni and I hope to make our books soon (Julia too) and then head out.

But, wouldn't it be fun if we found each other's books?

There are three in our area, so we are lucky. Do you find they are right around you?

Bickler3 said...

Tawni & I bought our books today ! Now we just have to find a stamp or pattern we like to make one....! We are very excited !