Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe






Well, Blake will be the Lion of the family, roaring that this house needs a bit of order and an atmosphere of peace, the wardrobe would be our new creation to help accomplish this dream of domestic utopia, and I would be the witch, yes, the wicked(at least vocally) witch of the wardrobe to make sure that this room stays in order and functions as beautifully as we have designed! Now all the kids' clothes are in one room, including one set of hampers, in which the children can pre-sort the laundry for me! There is also a wonderful table for me to fold these clothes and the mess and the mayhem that comes with 5 children and all their clothing...Clean or dirty.

***********************************
Yipppeeee! It will be a dream! And their rooms will be so much easier to handle. I guess we are putting our I.Q.s to work for us! To accomplish this feat, we moved Reese to the girl's room, where they are enjoying playing little mommies to him. We also moved Riley upstairs to bunk in with Reuben. Blake drilled his twin bed up high and created a loft bed for him. His bed is now the envy of all, which is perfect for the boy-in-the-middle who always seems to be overshadowed by his older two siblings.

2 comments:

Karen said...

That's awesome, Jules! That's our plan with our utility room; I read about the Duggar family of (nearly) 19, and their laundry situation, which inspired us to create a laundry room like theirs. Yours sounds just like it! You can check out their laundry ideas, 1/3 way down the page at http://www.jimbob.info/faq.html

Bickler3 said...

All I have to say is....I am SSSOOO glad I dont have to do that much laundry!!!! Having only one does have some perks!!