Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The Piggys won our hearts...

At the Evergreen State Fair yesterday, the piglets were the hit of the show for my kids. We took our sketch pads and our nature handbook and we sketched sows, gilts, and boars. Even mom learned what these different names meant and she grew up pretty close to the country! We learned how they mark the ears when they are born, and we also learned that pigs are the 4th smartest animal on the planet!! Go figure! It seems that we could have found much better things to do with these brilliant creatures than eat them! Anyway, we are on our second week of homeschool bliss and I just wanted to share with you one of our first field trips! We also proved that you can go to the fair and have fun even if you don't buy an all day ride bracelet.

Stock photo from website

3 comments:

elisa said...

Hey I like the little pink and black one.
We had our 1st day of school today. Well 1/2 a day. I don't have some of the books I still want to use so we did what we could.

Karen said...

I did some school shopping.

Does that count?

Mom2the6Rs said...

Yippee! I am excited for school this year. We started last Monday, so I have 8 days under my belt already! I think you women who homeschool are so heroic. I feel inspired by all of my HS friends. I know I am not alone, you are all out there with me (somewhere) working with your children. It helps me feel connected. Blessings on all your studies!

Julie