Monday, November 21, 2005

Kindness


Kindness: the virtue of the man whose Neighbor's good is as dear to him as his own.

Five Characteristics of Kindness (by Steve Shertzinger)

1. Be Sensitive: "Do not be interested only in your own life, but be interested in the lives of others." Phil 2:4

2. Be Supportive: ..Healing words give us life.. Proverbs 15:4
The upright speak what is helpful. Proverbs:10:32

If God gave you a dollar for every kind word you said and took away a dollar for every unkind word you said, would you be rich or poor?

3. Be Sympathetic: Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:15

Strong people are not afraid to show emotion.

4. Be Straitforward: Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. Proverbs 27:6

Sometimes kindness means being truthful even though it hurts.

5. Be Spontaneous: Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people. Gal. 6:10

When it comes to kindness, good intentions don't count.

The number one enemy of kindness is busyness.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

It kind of made me think... would I be rich or poor? Hmmmmmm. I certainly hope I would at least be middle class.

Chickadeeva said...

I think the last point really struck me. When I feel neglected, it is certainly because I feel others have chosen their business above me, which makes me feel devalued. Its been a really new and exciting thing for me to dedicate myself to really being there for others.